Monday, November 11, 2013

Movie Marathon

Ok so sadly I was rather sick last weekend... Unfortunately I couldn't really do much game wise...Thus I ended up watching a few movies over the weekend, some I have seen many times before and a quite a few "newer" ones... Here are my thoughts on the "new" movies I saw...

So I got sick some time around Thursday night (rather sad Halloween due to this), well a friend of mine came and saw me Friday morning. While here she offered to go to the store for me and I remembered I had gotten an email from Redbox saying it has started this "Redbox Rewards" beta thing where you rent 10 movies and get one free... So I asked her to pick me up a movie or two... She ends up spending the weekend and  brings back a total of ten movies... TEN (oh well I guess I get a free movie :3 )...

What she brings back to me is this:
Escape From Planet Earth  
The Frozen Ground  
The Colony
Olympus Has Fallen
Now You See Me
After Earth
The Great Gatsby
Epic
Curse of Chucky
This Is The End


So anyways here are my thoughts on the above movies...

So the first one I watched was, This Is The End...
I had saw the previews for this and I must say I thought this movie was going to be great based on what I saw. I was pretty miserable and thought I could do with a good laugh so this is why I chose to watch this one first...Well in the end I must say that I honestly did not find this movie as funny as I thought I would... Based on the trailers this is suppose to be one hilarious movie... But in reality is seems like the only good parts of this movie was in the trailer... I was kinda bored through this movie, which I thought was quite odd considering I normally would enjoy a movie with a cast such as this but in the end I was bored out of my mind and could not wait for the movie to be over... I'm going to attribute my opinion of this movie to it may have been better if I wasn't as sick as I was.

So moving on to the next one was The Great Gatsby...
Well needless to say we all have read this book in high school so I wasn't looking forward to this movie too much... I mean I wanted to see it but it wasn't too high up on my list but in the end it was a tad bit better than I expected... Not by much but anyways it had nothing to do with the acting, the acting was great... It's just well like any movie based on a book it just doesn't measure up to the book in my opinion.

So the next one we watched was one that she grabbed on mistake (mostly my fault... but who can blame me I was sick : / )  Olympus Has Fallen... I was thinking of White House Down...
So Olympus Has Fallen was an alright movie... Like I said it was not what I expected so I think from the beginning my opinion of this movie was a bit askewed but anyways it was good... My only issue with the movie (and maybe once again maybe it was because I was sick) I never did catch in the beginning what caused the crash on the bridge... I may have to go back and watch it again but other than my slight confusion I would have to say it was an alright movie and I did like the bag guy's escape plan...

So after that we then moved on to After Earth...
I had wanted to see this one for some time but never really gotten around to it but in the end I must say I was a bit disappointed... I feel the movie could have been much better than it was if they had gotten someone else to play the kid in this. I just didn't feel that the actor was the character... It felt more like the kid was just reading lines rather than acting the part.

So we then moved on to Now You See Me...
I must say this movie was quite good... It was so much better than I thought it would be... I was actually shocked in the end on who the fifth person was... And that is quite a feat in itself... I'm not normal surprised by thing such as that but in the end it got even me...

So next was Epic...
Well I'm not too sure what to say about this movie as I would have to say I only watched about 30 to 40 minutes of it... I ended up falling asleep about 20 minutes in and woke up to see the end so honestly I don't really have much of a thought on this movie... Except either I was that sick or it was just that bad... At this point I am not sure and I may have to rent it again at some point and find out.

Then there was Curse of Chucky...
Heck until about October 3rd I didn't even know there was another Chucky movie out.... I was quite surprised this thing existed... So finding out this thing was made and was apparently a straight to dvd release I did not have high hopes for it... Especially after that whole Seed of Chucky thing that pretty much killed the series... Well turn out the movie was a bit better than expected but not by much... There was basically nothing in the like whole first half of the movie but then Chucky starts doing what he does best and in the end I must say I did enjoy the bit that came after the credits (yes there is a bit after the credits... And yes I am one of those people who set through the credits to make sure) Not going to spoil that lovely scene but I will say this much, I did enjoy the return of an old character :D

So then there was Frozen Ground...
Well it was an alright movie and in the end I was kinda shocked that it was based on a true story... The main character is a real woman who after many years finally told her story about what happened to her all those years ago. She is a very brave woman for reliving such an event and I feel bad for her and the other victims of that man.

Next was The Colony...
Well for the first 30 or so minutes I was beyond bored... I kept thinking where in the heck are all the zombie cannibal thingies and when does this get good??? So sitting there and waiting and waiting.... Finally they going to die... So 3 go in and in my opinion too many come out alive... This can be it really... So then more drop dead.... Really is that all, this freaking movie had better not end right here or else I am going to be really pissed.... Oh hey this is better... Woohoo let the bodies hit the floor... End the end it was better than expected, and the body count is better than it originally look over halfway through the movie (I was getting worried that they wouldn't get up there based on the first half of the movie)

Last was Escape From Planet Earth...
Out of all of them I must say this one was the best one. I really enjoyed it, I think the main reason I enjoyed this movie so much was the fact of the smart guy saving the day... The fact that it takes so much more than brute strength to save something... The fact that in the end they learned that thought they are every different they need to work together to overcome all odds.

Figuring I'm going to blow my free credit on Pacific Rim...

~Nonna


No comments:

Post a Comment