Thursday, September 19, 2013

Evil Dead... My thoughts

Seeing as Halloween is right around the corner I finally got around to watching Evil Dead (it also helped that Redbox gave me a rent one get one free code :3 but that's besides the point)...



So anyways quite a few of my friends told me that this movie was really scarey... Some even went as far as to say it was the scariest thing they have ever seen... Few even claimed that this movie gave them nightmares for some time after...

With that being said... This really got my hopes up... I love being scared and I was set for one heck of a fright when starting this movie...

So I grabbed me a drink, got some popcorn and turned off the lights and settled in with my rental...

So the movie starts with an "exorcism" of sorts and what not and so I thought that things could only get scary from there...

Boy was I wrong :(

Honestly I should have known better than to hope for something truly scary but I did hope and sadly those hopes were dashed...

Was this movie at least a tiny bit scary... No! Was there any surprise twists at the end... No! (heck when I saw the group I even guessed which one would live in the end and who would wake stuff up and who was going to get taken over T_T )

I am trying my hardest not to give spoilers (augh I can't even type that without hearing River's voice >.< ) but honestly I am thankful that I got that Redbox code or else I would have been very disappointed with this movie.

Sure this movie is good for what it is but if you are looking to get scared this is not the movie for you.

With that been said I must now add...

It seems like there has not been a good horror movie released in the past 5 to 10 years... Apparently no one wants to be scared now days all they want is as much gore as Hollywood can pack into a movie :(

Now I honestly think the biggest part of my disappointment is the fact that most of my friends said this was a very terrifying movie... So my conclusion is... One: my friends are big babies or Two: I've seen so many scary movies that nothing fazes me any more... Personally I gotta go with option one (sorry guys : / you know I still love you all though :3 )

Though with all this I did see an alright looking movie in the previews called "The Call" so if anyone happens to read this... Know if it is any good???

~Nonna

No comments:

Post a Comment