Monday, September 30, 2013

iPhone earphones controls...

Ok so sometime back I mentioned that I had to replace my phone and I had gotten an iPhone... Well since getting this new phone I discovered that the earphones that come with the phone has some "hidden" controls...
So the first one I stumbled on by accident... I was listening to some music on my phone when one of my more louder songs came on... Well I quickly tried to turn it down using the volume controls on the earphones... I ended up accidentally hitting the middle button which ended up pausing my music... Upon discovering this I decided to hunt around on the internet to see if these things can do more, this is what I found...

If you're listening to music...
To toggle pause and play tap the center button once.
To fast-forward a song, tap the center button twice and long-press on the second tap.
To rewind a song, tap three times and long-press on the third tap.
To skip a song, double tap.
To go to the previous song, triple tap.


If you have an incoming call...
Tap the center button once to answer. Tap again to hang up.
To ignore an incoming call, long-press the center button. You'll hear two beeps to confirm that the caller was sent to voice mail.
If you're on the phone and you get a new call, tap the center button once to switch calls. To end that new call, hold the center button down for 2 seconds.


Apparently you can also use the earphones to take pictures too...
Tap the volume-up button to capture a photo. The earphones can be used as a shutter release.


And lastly for iPhone 4S owners, you can prompt Siri by long-pressing the center button.

So yeah those earphones are a lot more useful than I originally thought...

~Nonna

No comments:

Post a Comment