Monday, August 26, 2013

Samantha Swords

So when I say medieval combat most people automatically think of men in chainmail beating the crap out of each other with very pointy swords... Now lets toss the word "woman" into the mix and most picture maidens oh so fair in those beautiful corset dresses...

Then we get a beautiful fighter such as Samantha Swords. She enjoys jousting tournaments. I don't mean she is one of the ladies on the sidelines enjoying the show the men are putting on... No she gets out there and fights with them... And even beats them, she won the longsword competition in February of this year at the Harcourt Park World Invitational Jousting Tournament.

Now as a Game of Thrones fan I must say that one of my favorite characters is Brienne of Tarth. I do love women who can fight, the ones who are not afraid of getting bruised, the ones who love to get out there and compete. As a result I do adore this Samantha Swords and would truly love to meet her some day.

Samantha you have my respect.

http://samanthaswords.tumblr.com/
















~Nonna

No comments:

Post a Comment